We will be utilizing this area to share library status updates regarding the Pandemic of COVID-19.
Maryville Community Library will return to PORCH PICKUP ONLY as of Wednesday, November 18th.
- Maximum 6 patrons allowed in the library at a time
- There will be baskets outside the front entrance. Each patron will need to take one in order to enter. This will indicate how many patrons are in the building. If there are no baskets visible, please call the library before entering.
- We ask that only one person per family visit
- Visit duration of 30 minutes or less
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times
- For safety, we have installed plexiglass at the checkout window, offer hand sanitizer for patrons and frequently clean high touch point areas. We have also removed the patron computers from the lobby to allow for social distancing.
We will continue to offer curbside to all patrons during this time. Please call 618-288-3801 and a mask-clad librarian will bring items to your car.
The Illinois Heartland Library System will be resuming delivery on Monday, July 6th. You may once again resume requesting items as you wish. All existing requests should still be on your account.
New Library Hours:
All fines will be waived during this period.
No programs will be offered during this time.
We want to do all we can to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect our community.
We encourage you to enjoy the library’s electronic resources including Ebooks, E-audio books, magazines, the New York Times, and a variety of courses and data bases.
Visit https://www.maryville.lib.il.us/online-resources/digital-lending/ .
Though we do not currently offer access to patron computers, we encourage our community members without internet at home to access the library WiFi in our parking lot. No library card needed.
|CDC COVID-19 Symptoms||https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html|
|What to do if you think you have COVID-19 (from CDC)||https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html|
|Talking to kids about COVID-19||https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/talking-with-children.html|
|COVID-19 cases in the US||https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html|
|Self-Quarantine: What does it mean?||https://www.uth.edu/news/story.htm?id=676b5d01-16a0-4d6e-934a-40407f42d5e5|
|COVID-19 in ILLINOIS||http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus|
|COVID-19 in MISSOURI||https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/|
|Anderson Hospital and COVID-19||https://andersonhospital.org/news-events/308-questions-about-the-coronavirus-here-s-what-we-recommend|